The week has finally arrived! This time can be such a hassle, but here’s a list of things to make your week easier so you can enjoy a stress free holiday!
- Cleaning out your Fridge. Once all the dishes are made and ready to be put away it will be so difficult trying to manage quickly shuffling around everything. Start your week off by taking care of this.
- Clean the House! Do this early in the week, and hopefully, by the end of the week too much stuff hasn’t been dirtied up. (If you have kids - good luck but remember, its officially Santa season this week and we’re not above using threats here at HHC!)
- Take your turkey out of the freezer. In order to fully thaw it out, put your turkey in the fridge three days before the big day. (This timing could vary based off the size of the turkey)
- Put out decorations. Do this early! It gives you time to digest how you want things, also, who wants to worry about decorating in the midst of cooking.
- Prepare activities. Many Thanksgivings have gone by with simply sitting around the TV or being on our phones. Set up games such as UNO or even a deck of cards the day before the feast. Choose some family friendly movies to be playing in the background. Be sure to check out our blog post HERE, with some fun games and activities to do on the big day!
- Use Wednesday as a day to prep what you can. Cut/peel the veggies and make anything that can be made ahead of time like mashed potatoes or mac and cheese. Getting items ready to bake and staging them in your fridge (remember you cleaned it, go you!) so you can get them in the oven fast on Thursday will save you time and headaches the day of.
- Make all your deserts. Who are we kidding? Head to the supermarket (or have the hubs go because honestly what has he been doing all week?) and grab some pre-made pies and cookies! Our family grabs a few packs of the premade cookie dough and we back fresh cookies the night before together. A simple little tradition that gets the kids involved and is super easy and pretty much hassle free.
- Thursday morning! Do a last minute tidy up, put the dishes in the oven and roast that Turkey. Enjoy the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parage (My favorite!) and spend time with your family. Don’t forget to ask for help if you need it - too often we are stressed during holidays so they are not enjoyable. The goal this year is to be prepared and stress free.
How do you prepare for Thanksgiving? Any tips or tricks to share? Is it a family affair or do you get stuck with the brunt of the work? Let us know in the comments below!